Hi everyone, Jess here to present the 8th pickup of the Winter CSA! Hope you all are hunkered down and cozy while this storm passes. Let’s talk about these lovely goodies to brighten up our day, shall we?
- Tully Farms Milk and Cream
- Echo Farm Pudding, (I got Royal’s Rice)
- Radish Sprouts from Johnny Putt Farm, Littleton(These are so nutritious and add a nice kick on top of a blue cheese covered steak, burger or salad. Plus they are so pretty!)
- Alfalfa Sprouts from Jonathan’s Organics (another healthy pick plus he has some fun recipes)
- Parsley from Hadley, MA
- Springdell Meats (mine included Ground Beef and Beef Cube Steak)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Potatoes(Russets and Baby Reds)
- Purple Cabbage
- Baby Spinach
- Spring Mix
A quick reminder to trim off those radish tops (you can eat the summer ones, but the winter ones are best left for compost). Soak the radishes in some water in your fridge to help keep them crisp until ready to use. Potatoes and onions can be stored separately in a cool dry place. Parsley can go right in a glass on the counter (I place mine next to a large and cool window, and I change the water daily.) Honey Roasted Radishes are a fave if you don’t like the bite, or if you happen to have some ricotta around, it goes great with radishes! I have some Fat Moon shiitakes so I may try the simple and delicious radish soup this week.
Have an idea? Have a question? (There’s no such thing as a silly one by the way…) Have an improvement on a recipe you’ve tried here? (Feedback is a wonderful thing). As always, reach out to me here or on Facebook. I love to hear from you!