Hi everyone, Jess here to recap the 5th Springdell Summer CSA pickup of the season. What a heatwave we’ve been having! I hope you are all staying healthy in this warm weather. It’s been tough to cook! The good news is there are lots of veggies in the share that taste lovely raw or cooked.
- Freshly Dug Summer Garlic
- Stir Fry
- The rest is hanging by the stems in my pantry until I’m ready to use them!
- Butter & Sugar Corn
- Boiled briefly and enjoyed rolled through a puddle of Amish Roll Butter!
- Summer Cabbage
- Cabbage piece from previous pickup is in the kraut jar.
- Current cabbage is slated for Vegetable Moo Shi, and living in the fridge
- Enjoyed as-is, but I was planning for this Zucchini Blueberry Cake with Lemon Buttercream
- Slicing Cucumbers
- Golden Zucchini Squash
- Stir Fry
- Zucchini Noodle Lasagna (testing an update, see below)
- My dear friend Elizabeth from Fat Moon has been shredding hers into salads this week.
- It’s a great time for grilling zucchini as well!
- Rainbow Beets
- Roasted and enjoyed with goat cheese and balsamic glaze
- Curly Kale
- Breakfast Smoothies, so cool and refreshing!
- Rainbow Chard
- Pak Choi (Bok Choy)
- Fruit Pizza
- Camping Scramble
All other veggie scraps composted unless otherwise noted.
It’s been a pretty quiet week overall cooking-wise due to the heat and camping, but we managed to enjoy just about all our veggies (except the cabbage and much of the garlic, which thankfully store nicely).
A quick reminder that Springdell Family Night has been moved to this Saturday the 27th from 6-9pm. Bring your own dinner and any beverages that you’d like, and hang out with your farm family! Story Time (1pm) and Feeding Hour (4pm) are also coming up this Thursday. Hope to see you at some of these fun farm events!