Hi everyone, Jess here with the 12th Springdell CSA pickup of the summer season. This is one of my favorite times of year – filled with colors, flavors, and easy to prep ingredients!
- Butter & Sugar Corn
- Boiled, buttered, and enjoyed on and off the cob
- Heirloom Eggplant
- Will be grilled tonight, I was still enjoying last week’s eggplant in a second attempt at BBQ Pulled Eggplant
- Sugar Beets
- Roasted and enjoyed in a lunch bowl with pickled peppers, Cojita cheese, corn and balsamic glaze
- Kale Pesto in Farmer Jamie’s Tomato Pie
- Stems frozen and in morning smoothies
- Sliced and enjoyed with kids snacks
- Shredded into Tomato Sauce
- San Marzano Tomatoes
- Solid Gold Cherry Tomatoes
- Left on the Counter and Snacked on until solid gone
- Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Enjoyed as-is, at least one daily per family member until devoured
- A couple of egg burritos
- Steamed and into kid’s lunches with the carrots and nectarines
Thanks for checking out some local veggies in action. Oh and don’t forget, there is still time to get in touch with Farmer Jamie to grab some canning tomatoes or freezing corn!
I hope you have a wonderful week, and I’ll see you back here shortly for the next installment of the Springdell Show and Tell!