Hi everyone, Jess here with a weekly CSA and farm update. Set those clocks ahead, spring is springing soon! Despite the cold snap, things are warming up on the farm. Farmer Jamie has some beautiful summer seedlings sprouting in the greenhouses. We’re also up to 40-ish baby calves and a few baby lambs on the way over at Gibbet Hill.
I hope everyone was able to sign up for their summer CSA or ‘Dell Dollars program! If not, you can still join the party as the stand will be stocked with your farm favorites throughout the summer season! However you choose to be a part of it, it’s great to have you as part of the local farm fam!
For those in the Springdell Winter CSA, please note that there was a change with the upcoming pickup. ***Our next Winter CSA pickup (for both groups A&B will take place on March 21st from 9am-3pm.
Let’s get to this week’s pickup (for Group B):
- Tully Farms Dairy, Dunstable (I received Milk and Heavy Cream)
- Springdell Meats (I received Kielbasa and Ground Beef)
- Amish Roll Butter (From Minerva Dairy in Ohio- click the link to learn more about it!)
- Purple Cabbage (I’ll probably plan something with the kielbasa this week, we’ll see what the week brings.)
- Florida Citrus (Great as-is, or cooked up with many of the other goodies here… Maybe some Honey Orange Carrots?)
- Sweet Potatoes (Packed with nutrition. Roast ’em up!)
- Bok Choy (One of my favorite green veggies for reminding me that summer is around the corner.)
- Shallots (Great for giving just a simple dash of flavor to many dishes.)
- Onions (Ditto!)
- Potatoes (Keeping the peel on is not only nutritious, but a-ok as the skins are not covered with growth retardants.)
- Eggs (Bring a little protein to your day.)
- Carrots (The quintessential root veggie.)
Let’s talk MARCH MEAT MADNESS! It’s that great time of year when if you renew or start a new Meat Subscription at Springdell, you can get a free month! Talk to Farmer Jamie for details, don’t miss this great deal!
Here’s a quick recap of some of the goodies I cooked up this last week:
Looking forward to cooking up some more goodies with you this week! Remember- our next Winter CSA pickup (for both groups A&B will take place on March 21st from 9am-3pm. Meanwhile, please check Facebook for inspiration or to share some of your own, or catch the recap here in the next edition of the Springdell Show and Tell!