Hello everyone, Jess here with the latest pickup from Springdell Farm. I wanted to remind folks that there’s a special FAQ that includes info on some of what’s available at the farm stand, the hours, etc… Please feel free to check it out, I update it daily and hopefully it can help you find the answers to general questions, and maybe plan your shopping lists and farm visits some. Now let’s get back to the emerald green springtime action found in the 2nd Jumpstart share of the Springdell CSA season!
- Lettuce (We love the shape of these leaves for lettuce wraps. For longer storage, separate leaves from the core, wash and store damp dry in a cloth lettuce bag or wet paper towels.)
- Asparagus (Springdell’s yummy ‘grass!- If you’re in the Jumpstart CSA, here’s a reminder to check the whiteboard and don’t accidentally leave these lovelies behind!)
- Eggs (The perfect protein-packed harbinger of springtime veggies)
- Fiddleheads– (I’m trying out Alan Bergo’s recipe for Bread and Butter Pickled Fiddleheads this week!)
- Kale (These little leaves look great for kale chips!)
I think that’s it for this week! Please check in as always, I love to hear of questions you may have about veggies, new recipes you’ve tried, or just generally how things are going. Drop a line anytime!