From the kitchen of Springdell Farm’s own Farmer Jamie Cruz, we have this delicious gem!
Farmer Jamie’s Kitchen | Old Fashioned Tomato Pie
– Homemade Pie Crust or cheat and grab a frozen one!
– Homemade Pesto (basil, parsley, onions, garlic)
– Ripe Tomatoes
– Cabot Cheddar Cheese, freshly grated
– Hellman’s Mayonnaise
1. Line a cookie sheet with paper towels
2. Slice tomatoes and line on the cookie sheet. Once cookie sheet is full, cover with a paper towel and let sit for a few hours for water to drain.
Set aside the pie. Preheat the oven to 350.
5. Place about 1 cup of Hellman’s mayo in a bowl.
6. Grate a block of Cabot Creamery Co-operative cheddar cheese and mix well into mayo.
7. Take a spatula and spread topping over your tomato pie, about a 1/2 inch thick. This will be your “pie crust” — the cheesy, topping goodness!
Paired well with a simple rice of your choice!
It is really tasty. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Hope you do, too!