Hi everyone, Jess here, freshly home from a southern vacation, and grateful that there is a bit of warm weather that came home with me! It’s a blessing and a curse for the farmers, the early heat both helping and hindering. The baby calves continue to arrive, the farm welcoming the 21st this week, with 20 more on the way! Baby bull calves Hank and Oscar have moved from Gibbet Hill over to Springdell, and we look forward to meeting them when the warmer weather really moves in.
- Fox Country Smoked Cheddar and Mustard Sauce (Looking forward to sampling the Deviled Pork Chops recipe shared by Farmer Jamie this week!)
- Florida Citrus (These oranges are the real deal from Florida. Freeze some of this fresh zest from your peels into little cubes for later recipes!)
- Johnny Putt Microgreens (Littleton, MA)
- Tully Farms Dairy (Dunstable, MA)
- Purple Onion
- Potatoes (Blue and Russet)
- Button Mushrooms
- Baby Bok Choy– Awesome in stir fries or salads- see below for 2 recipes!
- Springdell Beef – (I got ground Beef and Beef Kabobs)
- Parsnips – Sarah had a great recipe years back for orange parsnips and bacon.
Now’s a great time to order your Springdell St. Patrick’s Day Meal, which consists of a 6 pound red brined corned beef, 1 green cabbage, 1 bunch of rainbow carrots, one box of baby red potatoes, 3 yellow onions, and one bulb of garlic, all for just $75. There are a few left so get in touch with Farmer Jamie to reserve yours today! Also, be sure to keep an eye out for the annual “March Meat Madness” sale!
Thanks for reading, and see you back here soon!