Today’s the day where we reflect on our first Springdell Winter Share Box of the season.
- 4 pack Tower Soda (Sarah got ginger ale, Jess got cream soda)
- a bag of acorn squash
- 1 camo pumpkin
- Baked and filled with Squash Soup
- Seeds fed to Farmer Elizabeth’s Chickens this week
- 1 sugar pumpkin
- 2 Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (see below)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 gallon of apple cider from Box Mill Farms, Stow MA
- Enjoyed as-is
- Pork Roast in the Slow Cooker
- 1 bunch leeks
- 4 broccoli crowns
- 1/2 peck of potatoes
- 1 head purple cabbage
- 7 onions
- 5 carrots
- 1 pound of parsnips from Joe Czajkowski Farm from Hadley, MA
- 10 apples
- Squash Soup
- Enjoyed as-is
- Dehydrated Apple Peels
- Fruit Leather
- Apple Pie
- 1 bag of cranberries
- 5 yams
…All veggie scraps composted unless otherwise noted.
Time for a smoothie break! Today I made pumpkin pie smoothies with some leftover pumpkin purée I had in the fridge. I napped to have already flavored my pumpkin with all of the fall flavors so if you have plain pumpkin, go ahead and flavor with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves etc. to your liking before we begin.
I have added 1/2 a cup of pumpkin purée and one frozen banana to my vitamix.
Add 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1/2 cup of cashew milk, and 2 Tablespoons of honey (you can play with the sweetness if you want more or less honey here).
1/2 a cup of ice and let it blend.
Smooth and creamy with all the flavors of fall. Quite a change from my usual green smoothie, but I was feeling festive today.
See you all tomorrow for the 2nd Winter CSA pickup. Hooray!