Hello everyone! It was a short week and we already have another box of Springdell goodies to share! This next stretch is another long one, our team’s next pickup being February 18th! Stay tuned with us at CSA365.org, not only will we be using up our fresh goodies, but digging into cold storage, freezers etc. using up our stash of Springdell goodness. For now, let’s take a look at winter share box #6:
- Dairy from High Lawn Farm
- Sarah got low fat and chocolate milk
- Jess got skim milk and heavy cream
- Bok choy
- Purple cabbage
- Bean sprouts from Nature’s Wonder
- Tomatoes from Backyard Farms
- Goat cheese from Westfield farm
- Sarah got plain, chive, and orange cranberry
- Jess got the same
- Springdell meats
- Sarah got ground lamb, ground beef, and breakfast sausage
- Jess got ground lamb, ground beef, and hot italian sausage
- Fresh eggs
- Rainbow carrots (Sarah only)
- Sweet potatoes
A couple of quick announcements! With the Superbowl coming up, now is a great time to hit the farmstand and stock up on some yummy cuts of meat, supplies for game day chili, and other ingredients for yummy appetizers!
Also, there are application packets for this year’s youth programs at the farmstand. Get in touch with Farmer Jamie to learn more. It’s a perfect activity for kids 4-8!
Have a great week everyone, happy cooking!