Hi everyone, Jess here with the 5th CSA pickup of the season! It has been a whirlwind of a weekend! I had the honor of sitting on a judge’s panel for a black belt test. I also had the honor of playing a little gig with some phenomenal musicians. In between, I stopped by to pick up some delicious veggies and check in with Farmer Jamie. The January sabbatical is always nice for clearing chest freezers, root cellars and pantries, but it’s nice to be back in the fresh goodies. Let’s take a look!
- Grains (Wheat Berries and Pastry Flour from Four Star Farms, Western, MA)
- Bok Choy
- Bean Sprouts (Nature’s Wonder Western, MA)
- Baby Red Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
- Springdell Meats (I received Ground Beef and Beef London Broil)
- Tomatoes (from Backyard Farms, Maine)
- Pea Shoots from Johnny Putt Farm
- Baby Spinach
- Milk and Cream from Tully Farms Dairy
I picked up a bag over the summer from the farmstand, and enjoyed them for breakfast with honey, cereal cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I have some pickled peppers left from the summer CSA, so I plan to try this recipe for wheat berry burgers this week. I’ll let you know how it goes!
I look forward to sharing this week’s culinary journey with you! Please feel free to drop a line to let us know how you’re planning to enjoy your produce this week. The more ideas we share with each other, the better!