Hi everyone, Jess here. Remember all those nice things I said about spring maybe making an appearance this week? Well, I take it all back because clearly we still got a stubborn winter hanging on. The good news? Winter CSA pickups are picking up! We are onto the weekly schedule for the final two pickups of the Winter CSA! It’s like a grand finale to the winter season.
- Cheeses from Mozzarella House (I got Boccononini and Ricotta)
- Hydroponic Lettuces from Johnny Putt Farm (Littleton, MA)
- Deconstructed Salad plate
- Oranges from our Florida Farm Family
- Sliced and enjoyed as-is
- Some peels frozen for zest
- Tully Farms Dairy (Lowfat Milk and Heavy Cream for me)
- Whipped cream for apple pie
- Enjoyed as-is
- Tomatoes from Backyard Farms (Maine)
- Deconstructed Salad Plate
- Springdell Farms Meats (I got Ground Beef)
- In the chest freezer
- Cabbage (Purple and Green)
- In cold storage
- Maple Butter Glazed and Roasted
- In onion storage bin
- Stored in water in fridge (awaiting a shred onto Bibimbap)
All veggie scraps composted unless otherwise noted.
It has been a simple week with the share. As you can see in the above “Tell”, several of the items are still awaiting use. My tacos and roasted parsnips were not photographed in the pre-Easter rush, but I can say they were good! I had a big crowd this past holiday weekend and there were some leftovers which kept our dinner plans simple throughout the week.
The stuffed shells are a hit around here, and I love that the recipe makes a bunch, and we happily ate these for days. Some of you made a ricotta pie, and had my ricotta not been spoken for I would have made a ricotta omelette with herbed butter.
This tomato, Mozzarella and lettuce combo was a hit at our Easter dinner! After a quick rinse & spin, I left the “bouquets” of lettuce as-is, and the dinner guests loved picking off the leaves by hand.
That’s about it from me for this week. I’m looking forward to the Meat AND CSA pickups tomorrow. Meanwhile, don’t forget that Tim from Muddy Water’s Coffee will be at the farmstand tomorrow, along with the Jordan Brothers seafood truck! Hope to see you tomorrow, and in the meantime, sweet and savory dreams!