It’s not often that I post for breakfast, but with the gift of ricotta cheese in our crates this week I had to share with you one of my favorite breakfast treats. I usually put this back into the breakfast options come late spring and summer when berries are in season, but a friend of mine delivered a bunch of berries that were beautiful. However, I am signed up for the Super Fruit share this summer and I couldn’t be more excited about that! So, with the ricotta and the berries the stars have aligned! Here is my ricotta cream and berries breakfast recipe:
- 1/8 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 orange
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of mixed berries or fruit of choice
- Place berries or fruit in a bowl and squeeze the juice from half and orange over the top.
- Combine the ricotta, vanilla, powdered sugar and the juice from half an orange.
- Mix well, using the back of the spoon to smoosh the ingredients together.
- Spoon the mixture over the fruit and top with fresh mint.
Place about a cup of berries or fruit of your choice in a bowl and squeeze half an orange over the berries. In season I also use some finely chopped mint in there as well.
Mix together well and then use the back of your spoon to smoosh it all together, I like this to be very smooth. I suppose you could also blend it together if you are making a large batch for a brunch option. Simply spoon the ricotta mixture over your fresh fruit and enjoy.
I am am a tea drinker and often my half and half from the share is completely consumed by my tea drinking. I thought since it is breakfast I should give the half and half it’s moment in the spotlight as well. Enjoy!