Hello Springdell family. Another great day for Winter CSA pickup, hard to believe this is share #8! According to the weather this week we may have some spring weather, but the winter CSA will continue for a few more pickups.
It was also Sarah’s day to pick up her meat share. Take a look at this pile of white packages! Perfect to restock the freezer. She’ll be sure to keep you posted as to what meals these meats are going into.
For now, let’s take a look at what items are in today’s share:
- Milk from High Lawn Farm
- Shiitake Mushrooms from DelfTree, Western, MA
- Bean sprouts
- Potatoes – fingerlings and Yukon gold from western MA
- Tomatoes from Maine (a couple of shareholders got beets as two cases of the tomatoes were dropped by accident during offloading from the truck)
- Citrus (Florida grown white grapefruit, small grower)
- Spinach from the high tunnel
- Onions (cold storage)
- Carrots (cold storage)
- Bacon ends (in the clear plastic bag)
- Green Cabbage (from a small grower in Florida)
- Bacon, ground pork and stew meat (some folks got kabobs, blade steak, sandwich steak and other assorted meats)
Have a great week everyone. Be sure to check out the website for new recipes and additions to our Veggie-Scope!
Pingback: The "Show" - Springdell Winter CSA Pickup #9 - CSA|365