Happy Saturday, everyone! Today is our “Tell” of the Springdell show and Tell. First, we wanted to talk briefly about the Gibbet Hill Cattle Tour that took place today. Paula and Frank took us for a walk around the land where Springdell’s beef originates. It was a wonderful way to spend this beautiful sunny day, and we learned a lot! Stay tuned, we’ll be sharing more about this visit soon!
In the meantime, let’s review our third Spring CSA pickup:
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- Asparagus Tarts and Tartines with Fresh Herbs
- Chive Flower Potato Salad
- Steamed for a side dish
- 1 bunch of field spinach
- 1 salad mix (Sarah) or arugula (Jess)
- Arugula Tarts and Tartines with Fresh Herbs
- Side salads for a big family BBQ
- 2 dozen eggs
Here is today’s meat add-on:
- 2 packages of pork baby back ribs
- Jess had one Rack Dry Rubbed and Oven Roasted, the other destined for a slow cooker weeknight meal
- Baby Back Ribs and Creamed Spinach
- 1 package of Italian sausage
- Added to a tomato sauce from last year’s tomato crop
Our featured recipes this week included:
Some honorable mentions from the week include:
Oven Roasted Baby Back Ribs with Spring Mix and Pea Shoots
Another delicious spring tart!
BIrthday cake for my father in law
Pasta with tomato sauce and Italian sausage, with a side salad
Jess’ light lunch of stir fired arugula and chive flowers with a messy fried egg.
Chive Flower Bouquet
Join us tomorrow for Sunday night dinner, and for the next “Show” post on Monday!