Hi everyone, Jess here to chat about the 4th CSA pickup of the Spring season!
- Grilled for 2 minutes.. heaven
- First one of the season? Sliced and savored as-is of course!
- Pea Tendrils (from Johnny Putt farm in Littleton)
- Enjoyed as-is, on burgers, and just in general munching
- Red Clover
- Red Clover Lemonade
It’s also the meat share pickup, I’ve only thawed some patties and ground beef so far this week as there were fewer of us here eating this week.
Before I get into the details of this weeks Tell, a couple of Springdell CSA reminders:
- The last day to register for Winter 2018-2019 CSA at Springdell is June 15th
- Summer CSA start date is June 18th (for those with a Monday pickup, if you have a different pickup day, come on your subsequent day. See your email for more details and orientation times.)
Such an exciting time of year!
We had a little preschool graduation get together at the house this week, and a friend brought a kale slaw which we enjoyed with a Springdell burgers topped with pea shoots and an Misfit Produce tomatoes.
These burgers are so big and delicious, you may opt to split it with someone!
Instead of the usual clover tea, I experimented with clovers this week and tried a lemonade. It’s still in the works, the kids weren’t a fan of the honey version (perhaps because I’ve spoiled them with the sugar version) my next attempt will be 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 quart of steeped clover blossom water- when I grab another batch of clover, I’ll let you know how it goes!
The clover brings a pink tint to the lemonade while the lemon juice makes it more of a peachy color.
After a week of evening rehearsals for my older son’s play, I got back to cooking Friday night. I made smaller Springdell ground beef patties and 2 bunches of grilled asparagus. Meanwhile in the oven I had sliced potato rounds roasting in olive oil and sprinkled with Herd Nerd spice.
This week will be another quickie cooking-wise, as we’ll be running around in preparation for the Strawberry Festival (quick plug there), so check Facebook if you’re looking for some real-time busy schedule ideas. Thanks again for reading, and enjoy this beautiful weather!