In yesterday’s entry, I shared about stock and gravy. Today’s goal is to keep the chicken new and exciting for the fam.
Monday morning while finishing the stock, I pulled out a ball of my prepped dough (I like this recipe from Bob’s Red Mill) and placed it on the counter to thaw. By about lunchtime, the dough was thawed and ready to roll.
I could barely keep my oldest’s hands off of these long enough to snap a photo.
- -pie crust dough
- -carrots, peas, parsnips, or other CSA veggie combinations of your choosing
- -Down and Dirty Chicken Gravy or other creamy/gravy-ish substance
- -leftover cooked chicken, chopped bite--sized
- -milk as needed
- -if you are using raw veggies such as carrots, I recommend slicing thin or chopping small so that they cook tender
- -combine chicken, gravy and veggies and place into individual sized ramekins, topping with pie crust dough
- -bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until golden brown