Today we review the items in Springdell Farms Winter Share Box #9, and how we used the items in the box.
- 2 1/2 gallons of skim milk from High Lawn Farm, Lee, MA (Sarah got 1 qt half & half and 1 1/2 gallon low fat milk)
- 10 oranges
- 6 grapefruit
- Spiced Grapefruit
- Citrus and Beet Salads
- More Grapefruit Curd Ice Cream
- More Candied Grapefruit Peels
- Saving the seeds for a project in the Springdell Farms Greenhouse
- The rest of the fruit was enjoyed as-is
- a bunch of new potatoes (20 ish)
- a box of fingerling potatoes
- 4 hothouse tomatoes
- a bag of shiitake mushrooms
- a bag of bacon ends
- fresh Polish kielbasa
- Slow Simmered Kielbasa
- Party Style Glazed Kielbasa
- Glazed Kielbasa with Brown Sugar Dijon White Wine Reduction
- Simple kielbasa sandwiches
- beef kabobs
- 1 head of green cabbage
- In cold storage destined for Sauerkraut and perhaps an old fashioned Cole Slaw, stay tuned!
- Warm Cabbage Salad
All veggie scraps were composted unless otherwise noted.
Tomorrow is the “Show” of the Springdell Show and Tell, where we will share the contents of Springdell’s 10th Winter CSA Share Box, as well as sharing 10 things to do with bacon ends! Until tomorrow, sweet and savory dreams!