Today is our “Tell” of the Springdell Show and Tell, and we’ll be reviewing the 4th sharebox of the pre-season.
fresh shiitake mushrooms
- Shiitake Bacon and Buckwheat Noodles with shaved Asparagus On a Bed of Warm Spinach
- Grilled With Onion and Tomato (post coming soon)
- The stems went into the freezer bag of veggie scraps for Veggie Broth
- 5 tomatoes
- Sliced and Fried with Balsamic Glaze and Crumbled Londonderry Cheese on a Bed of Greens
- Sliced Fresh on Sandwiches
- In a Goat Cheese Quesadilla
- In the Sunday Dinner Side Salad
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 jar of Zoe’s Famous Homemade Chickadee Farm Jam (Jess and Sarah both chose Apple Maple-yum!)
- Apple Maple Pork Chops
- In Peanut Butter & Jam Sandwiches
- As a Glaze on Springdell Beef Kabobs (see below)
- 1 bag of spring mix
And now a brief word from Jess…
Summertime and the Springdell Farm Summer 2015 CSA is just around the corner now! I was at Springdell for a picnic with the boys today and saw the share boxes getting washed and scrubbed in anticipation. New members were taking their Springdell orientation tours as they prepared for their first pickup of the season. For us, it starts a week from tomorrow, it’s a very exciting time!
I picked up a flat of Springdell strawberries today, and though there are 8 boxes to a flat, only 6 boxes made it back to my house. I can’t imagine where the other 2 went…
Tonight’s meal was cooked outside on the grill, Springdell Beef Kabobs from my recent Meat Subscription Pickup. As the outside air filled with the familiar aromas of summertime grilling, I remembered Zoe’s Apple Maple Jam and decided to slather some on the kabobs during their last minute of cooking.