Good evening everyone, Jess here. I’m a little late with this one tonight, as I’m sure many of you can relate, it’s a busy weekend! How great was that warm sun today? Seems like spring may be finally starting to overtake winter! Let’s check in with today’s CSA pickup.
- Cheeses from Mozzarella House (I got Boccononini and Ricotta)
- Hydroponic Lettuces from Johnny Putt Farm (Littleton, MA)
- Oranges from our Florida Farm Family
- Tully Farms Dairy (Lowfat Milk and Heavy Cream for me)
- Tomatoes from Backyard Farms (Maine)
- Springdell Farms Meats (I got Ground Beef)
- Cabbage (Purple and Green)
Today was a bustling day at Springdell Farm!
The golden hay on the field was a beautiful sight, a sign that the little guys that are busy sprouting in the greenhouse will soon be transplanted into a sun soaked home. Fellow Springdellian Mandy C. had some lovely farm themed children’s books available to peruse.
This beautiful baby is Charlie, sitting with Paula for a quick photo.
Business was booming over at the new Muddy Waters Coffee truck. I had a cup of Tim’s Buzzkill Decaf and picked up a pound, I’m just so happy that this truck exists. Muddy Waters coffee mugs were available for sale, along with these beautifully knitted mug cozies. How cute is that?!?
So much more was happening at the farm than I had time to write about… Did you have an adventure at the farm today? How about when you got home for dinner? What are you planning for these yummy ingredients? As always, I love to hear your stories. Feel free to keep in touch, and I’ll see you back here for the next “Tell” of the Springdell Show and Tell!