Hi everyone, Jess here. I hope all is going well on your end, and that you are enjoying your summer, as well as these lovely summer veggies! Let’s take a look at the 7th pickup of the Springdell Summer Season.
- Quick boiled and served in a puddle of Amish Roll Butter
- Cheddar Cauliflower
- Slicing Cucumbers
- Enjoyed as-is
- Refrigerator Pickles
- Bell Peppers
- Half were trimmed and slivered (to be enjoyed by the fam throughout the day)
- Scrambled Camp Eggs
- Sweet Baby Bell Peppers (in the box)
- Topping for Grilled Eggplant Steaks
- Summer Cabbage
- Simple slaws continue, planning a green cabbage kimchi
- This current cabbage is in the crisper drawer
- Italian Eggplant
- Grilled Eggplant Steaks with diced Mozzarella House Ovoline, red peppers and balsamic glaze
- Italian Beans
- Trimmed and enjoyed raw and blanched
- Fresh Onions
- Carrots (and Tops!)
- Carrot Sticks and Shredded into Slaw
- Tuscan Kale
- Creamed Kale and Gruyere Gratin
- Stems in freezer for smoothies
- Sugar Plums!!!
- Enjoyed as-is
- Egg Burritos
- Scrambled Camp Eggs (some with grilled veggies)
All veggie scraps composted unless otherwise noted.
It has been a lovely week! As you may recall the Andersons were on their way to an adventure in Maine, so Springdell was our last stop before heading north.
We began snacking on veggies as soon as we set up camp, including the peppers, beans, cukes, carrots and corn.
I think that’s about it on this end! As always, we love to hear from you! Are there CSA veggies that are wanting attention from you and you’d like some ideas? We’ve been there and can help! Are there recipes that you’re trying and super happy with? Let us know how it’s going, think of this as your own personal veggie support group! See you back here shortly for the 8th “Show” of the Springdell Show and Tell summer season!