Hi everyone, Jess here to present you with the first pickup of the Springdell Spring CSA season! (This is not to be confused with the Summer CSA season, which will start all in good time.) Things are looking lovely, and if you’re not part of the Spring CSA, fear not, as these yummies are all available at the farm stand! I just love the deep greens of early springtime…
- Asparagus (AKA ‘grass- always a sight for weary winter eyes!)
- Fiddleheads (A forager’s favorite, these come from a trusted source. They love storage in a cool bowl of water after a short trim- or even better being eaten ASAP!)
- Spinach (Bring on the antioxidants!)
- Lettuce (Click the link for storage tips to keep this lettuce fresh)
- Eggs (I see some omelettes, a soufflé or a quiche in the near future)
If miso, rice vinegar or ginger are not regular staples in your household at the moment, that is A-OK! The beautiful thing about springtime beauties such as asparagus and fiddleheads is that they are delicious with very little intervention. Blanch and toss on a poached egg and slice of toast, or throw some hollandaise on if you’re feeling fancy!
Some of you may know I’ve been compiling a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page with updated info of the goings-on over at Springdell. It’s a work in progress, but will hopefully help answer many general questions and free up the farmers to focus more on the fields. I’ll update this FAQ daily and do my absolute best to keep all the information as accurate as possible. Please note, I’m just a food blogger trying to help my farm family out, and these are unprecedented times in which sometimes the info will sometimes move even faster than my daily updates. Please also know that while general questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome here, farm-related business should go directly to Springdell. I hope this FAQ helps!
Meanwhile, have a safe and healthy week, and I’ll see you back here next week for the another installment of the Springdell Show and Tell!