Today we review the items in Springdell Farms Winter CSA Share Box #11, and how we used the items in the box.
- 2 1/2 gallons of skim milk from High Lawn Farm, Lee, MA (Sarah got 1 qt half & half and 1 1/2 gallon low fat milk)
- 1 bunch radishes
- 9 storage onions
- Maine tomatoes
- 3 large rutabagas
- 1 package of ricotta cheese
- 1 bag mixed mushrooms
- 1 bag of baby red potatoes
- 1 bottle of Ben’s Maple Syrup (Sarah got coffee instead)
- Storing the coffee in the freezer
- Maple Syrup on Breakfast-In Bed Pancakes
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 3 heads of bok choy (pak choi)
- 1 bunch parsley
All veggie scraps were composted unless otherwise noted.
As we tuck this share box back in for the season, we prepare for tomorrow’s share box, which will be our 12th and final share box of the “official” Springdell Winter CSA season. We hope you are as excited as we are to see what’s inside! We look forward to seeing you back here tomorrow, and in the meantime, feel free to share other ideas for how this box filled your bellies!