Hello everyone, Jess here with the 10th CSA pickup of the season. I hope you are enjoying the CSA experience so far (and if you’re not, please drop me a line, I’m here to help make it easy and tasty for all!)
- Butter & Sugar Corn (I may try Street Corn this week)
- Bell Peppers (Colossal, GREAT for stuffing!)
- Poblano Peppers (Chile Rellenos, anyone?)
- Mad Hatter Hot Peppers (Use where Scotch Bonnets are called for, they make a great Jerk Marinade!)
- Fresh Dug Red Potatoes (from Farmer Chad, Groton)
- Fresh Dug Onions
- Nature Skittles
- Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Classic Peaches
- Radishes (Separate them from their tops so they don’t wilt before their time. Soak in water in the fridge to prolong freshness and mellow the bite if preferred)
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- (I grabbed a couple of banana peppers and jingle bells from the swap box also, and picked up some milk, cheese, pudding and soda from the stand.)
Single Shares received Corn, a Bell Pepper, Potatoes, Onions, Nature Skittles, Beefsteak Tomatoes, Radishes and Peaches. Small Shares received Corn, Bell and Poblano Peppers, Onions, Potatoes, Hot Peppers, Tomatoes, Nature Skittles, Classic Peaches and Radishes. Mega Shares received Full Share items in larger quantity plus Heirloom Cucumbers, Sunflower Shoots, and Tomatillos!
Thank you for reading, and I look forward to cooking with you! Have a lovely week!