Before we begin our “Tell” here on the Springdell Show and Tell, we wanted to share an exciting new blog feature that is starting over on the official Springdell Farm Blog. There we present a new monthly series called “Meet the Farmers/Meet the Shareholders“, where we’ll feature a Springdell Farmer and a Springdell Shareholder. Today is our first post on the farm blog where we’ll be featuring Springdell Farmer Meredith Bempkins! We hope you’ll join us there as we get to know our fellow farm family on both sides of the farm stand counter.
Back to the “Tell”…
Today we review the items in Springdell Farms Winter Share Box #10, and how we used the items in the box.
- 2 1/2 gallons of skim milk from High Lawn Farm, Lee, MA (Sarah got 1 qt half & half and 1 1/2 gallon low fat milk)
- Half & Half enjoyed in morning tea and in Maple Frosting
- Enjoyed as-is
- 1/2 gallon of cider from Box Mill Farm in Stow
- 5 hothouse tomatoes
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 8 oranges
- Ben’s buttermilk pancake mix, Jess only
- Ben’s Maple Syrup, Sarah only
- Enjoyed on pancakes
- Maple Syrup Frosting
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 package of sandwich steaks, Jess only
- Beef Kabobs, Sarah only
- 10 onions from cold storage
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Pepper Steak Sandwiches
- Smothered Hamburgers
- Tough peels went into the freezer for Veggie Broth
- Some still being stored for later use
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1 bag of arugula
- 1 bag of spinach
- 3 heads of bok choy
All veggie scraps were composted unless otherwise noted.
How did you enjoy these goodies, my Fellow Springdellians? Please feel free to share your ideas and recipes in the comments. The more we share with each other, the more of these lovely items will be enjoyed by all!
Tomorrow will be our 11th Share Box of the Springdell Farm Winter CSA, and our 7th Share of the Springdell Show and Tell. As always, we look forward to sharing our culinary adventures with you!